Our Commitment to You
ELP is owned and operated by Mr Justin Potter. We are committed to protecting your privacy online.
Information collected by ELP
We collect the following types of information about you when you use ELP.
- Information provided by you. We collect personal information, such as your name and email address, demographic information, including: university, course and gender when you register to become a member of ELP. This information is used when you set up your personal profile. As part of your personal profile, you may choose to display additional information such as your date of birth, your hobbies and interests and other content, such as photos. You acknowledge that you fully own the copyright to each and every image that you chose to place on the website and to the extent that you do not you hereby indemnify ELP their agents and employees against any breach of copyright.
• Information collected automatically. ELP receives and stores information which is transmitted automatically from your computer when you use ELP. This information includes information from cookies (which are described below), your IP address and browser type. Your IP address is the unique address of your computer which is automatically provided to other computers when your web browser or email application requests a web page or email from those computers on the Internet.
Use and Disclosure of information
- We will display your personal information on your profile according to the preferences you set. We will use your name so that you are recognisable on our database so that we can personalize your experience. We will use your email address to contact you from time to time and may also use it for security reasons to confirm that you are who you say you are.
• We may use the information collected automatically, such as your IP address and information stored via cookies, to gather statistics about the number of people who visit www.englishlanguageportal.com and to customise content, layout and services. We may share this information with third parties to help us improve ELP and better serve our users.
• We may provide your personally identifiable information and the data generated by cookies and the aggregate information to the vendors and service agencies that we may engage to assist us in providing our services to you. Such third-party entities will be obligated to use your personally identifiable information solely to provide the services to us.
• We will disclose your personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or to protect the rights and property of ELP users, its affiliates or the public. We may also co-operate with law enforcement agencies in any official investigation and we may disclose your personally identifiable information to the relevant agency or authority in doing so.
- ELP users may link information stored in cookies such as your age, gender and country with your personally identifiable information and we may use such information to gather statistics about the number of people who visit ELP and use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Third Party Personally Identifiable Information
You must not disclose personally identifiable information relating to any third party on your personal profile, the ELP messaging [Email] service, and / or any ELP discussion forums, notice boards etc or other public forums or in conjunction with any service provided or made available by us unless you have their express consent to do so.
You control who shares your information
- Please note that your personal profile, messaging [Email] service, and all ELP discussion forums etc are open to all ELP members. You should not submit or include any information in them that you would not want shared with other people. If you choose to disclose personally identifiable information in these areas you are consenting to its unrestricted distribution to and by other ELP users. ELP therefore cannot be responsible for the protection or security of such information, regardless of its sensitivity. Members disclose all such information entirely at their own risk.
Whenever you voluntarily post personal information in public forums, this information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. ELP recommends that you exercise discretion in deciding what information you disclose on the Internet.
We strongly encourage users under the age of 16 not to send any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and entering any personal information into the ELP site without obtaining consent from a parent or legal guardian before.
The security of your personally identifiable information is a priority to ELP. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure Please help us to keep your information secure by keeping your password and other account details confidential. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we use industry standard technology designed to help keep your personal information safe and have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Nonetheless, while we strive to protect members’ personally identifiable information, due to the inherent risks of the Internet we cannot guarantee the protection of such information against loss, misuse or alteration. Consequently, you acknowledge that you provide all such information at your own risk.
Cancelling your access
If you have questions about this statement, you should first contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively write to:
Registered Address is 35 Chequers Court, Brown Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 1AS, England